Well the time has come Annalise is one years old. I always say where does the time go, but really I cannot believe she was born over a year ago. It feels like we brought her home from the hospital almost yesterday. Annalise has definitely become a character over this past year. Her favorite word right now is dog. She says dog when she sees one and then she tries as best as she can to wriggle out of your arms to touch it. If you say dog, she looks around trying to see where it is, and if you pretend to be a dog she breaks out in the biggest smile. Unfortunatley, she did not get a dog for her first birthday. Mom and dad do not mind this one bit. Stuffed animal dogs are sufficient for us.
Annalise deciding to like what she is wearing.
Annalise looking up at Brian waving a flower behind me.

Jeremiah, Brian and Annalise posing for a quick pic. As you can see Jeremiah is not to interested in the picture.
Jeremiah, Brian and Annalise posing for a quick pic. As you can see Jeremiah is not to interested in the picture.
We celebrated Anna's birthday with a combination of Korean and American traditions. First we put Annalise in her hanbok (traditional korean wear) and took many pictures of her and then we did the Toljabee. This is wear the parents of the child place different items on a small low table and the first two items the child picks predict the childs future. We put Anna on the ground and she immediately turned and went to one of our friends and touched his feet. So I thought she was meant to be a podiatrist but actually she was pulling herself up and was trying the get the whole pack of markers that I handed him after I took one marker out for the table. Then she came back to the table and picked up the string. So this means she will have a long life and be an artist. Jeremiah also picked string on his birthday.
The video of Annalise listening to people sing her "happy bday" is precious but then I ran out of memory space half way through so we had to do it again. The second time she looks at us like "are you really going to sing that again?" So I am going to include the first video. Annalise received a few presents but of course the tissue and wrapping was more interesting. In terms of cake smashing, yes Anna did smash the cake. But like her brother she had no interest in eating it. We both tried to put a little in her mouth and that is when she started flinging cake of her table. So unfortunately there are no cake all over Anna's face pics but there still are some good cake smashing pics.

"Hmm, what is this?"
"Hmm, what is this?"
"I smashed it, now can you please take me out of this high chair?"
They change so much between now and two years. I wonder if her eyes will still be blue. I wonder what her interests will be. And I know that I will be sad that she wont be my little baby. I hope you enjoy the video, I think it is so funny that Anna waves hello when we start singing.
They change so much between now and two years. I wonder if her eyes will still be blue. I wonder what her interests will be. And I know that I will be sad that she wont be my little baby. I hope you enjoy the video, I think it is so funny that Anna waves hello when we start singing.
4 comments:
Happy birthday, dear Anna... Happy birthday to you! What a sweetie pie and so adorable in her hanbok!
She is so beautiful, especially the first picture...what a great shot! Sooo cute waving in the video! May the Lord bless and keep you our sweet Annalise!
The dress was beautiful. I am glad you are teaching them your families traditions that is neat and something they will hold dear to them as they get older. She has grown up so much. Time does fly. Well when she is a famous artist tell her I would love a piece of Annalise art for my collect. I hope you all enjoyed her birthday!
I would love to have Jeremiah art as well. I am sure he is just as creative. please tell his Andy and I say Hi, well Andy says Hola!
Post a Comment