Thursday, March 12, 2009

Almost One

Annalise is almost one. Her vocabulary is growing, she says "dada," "mama," "no," "duh" (she says this when she sees a dog) and sometimes she mimics or at least tries to mimic what we say.

Checking out whats going on outside.
Anna has become a very fast cruiser. I am sure she will let go any day now and take a step on her own. The question is are we ready. I know Jeremiah will love having her chase him but he probably wont love her ability to get into his stuff faster.

Cruising along the Japanese garden

Annalise loves playgrounds, she really loves to watch other kids and I know that if she could she would run after them. Her favorite thing is the slide. She also has a fascination with putting the smallest most disgusting thing she can find into her mouth. We were at a playground with friends and I prevented her from putting a piece of rubber in her mouth when all of a sudden we noticed she had something else in her mouth. It was a small snail shell. It was empty so I am not sure if Annalise had an unofficial introduction to escargot. Eww! (Pardon me if you do enjoy escargot) Anyway...the playground always keeps me on my toes with Annalise. I don't remember having this problem with Jeremiah.

"Can I do it again?"

Annalise has many a nickname in our family, Anna banana, Sugar girl, and the new one is Wrecker. She is a sweet mellow little girl until you put a book, train track, or any breakable toy in front of her. Jeremiah now keeps is favorite paper books in another place in our house. I am not sure if you are familiar with the lift the flap books but most of ours are taped backed together and I am sad to say 10 Little Ladybugs is no more. If anyone needs a book destroyed, I have a baby who can get the job done.

2 comments:

Heather N. said...

OK not to make you worry but should she become sick please tell the Dr's about the snail shell. There are some microscopic worms/ parasites that live on snails that when not cooked can enter the blood stream and live in you. I just watched it on 1,000 ways to die, it's some show Andy finds funny. But our Bodies have no immunity to these parasites because we have no reason to come in contact with them, so should she be sick mention that. But let's hope it's just one of those weird kid things that nothing ever comes of but a gross story to tell the potential Boy friends down the road. I can't believe she is almost one. The time has gone so fast, so that makes J 3 right??

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed our visit and look forward to seeing you all soon. Hard to believe she will be a year old! She's sooo precious and blessing from above!