Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hippos



This weekend was our first trek to the San Antonio Zoo. We bought a membership and were able to get in before everyone else so it was nice to get to the zoo and spend some time there before the masses came. Of course, Jeremiah loved the zoo and the fact that there were fish in a lot of the exhibits. I think this might end of being one of his favorite places to go while we live in San Antonio because of all the fish. This was the first time he had ever seen a hippo. He was pretty excited about it!




Annalise for the first time was awake for most of the zoo trip. She is finally getting passed the "napping all the time when we are out" stage. I think she enjoyed the zoo as well. She is getting to be a big girl. I cant believe how blue her eyes are. She has started to reach for things and put them in her mouth so we are on the lookout for dangerous Jeremiah toys. But, he has been a good big brother and gives her the baby toys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how much J enjoyed seeing all the different fish species. =) A is getting so big and cuter all the time.

Anonymous said...

wow a hippo. I can imagine he was excited to see them. I haven't seen one since I was J's age. They are very impressive. I am glad to see you are having a good time out there.