Sunday, March 7, 2010

Well its official. Jeremiah is definitely growing up and is becoming a true wild and carefree boy who loves pirates, knights, dinosaurs and anything Lego related. We celebrated his 4th birthday yesterday as a family and will have a big party for him and his sister later this month. Earlier this week I asked him what kind of cake he would like and he replied that he wanted a pirate ship cake. So together he and I looked around the internet for some ideas and he found one that he liked. Unfortunately for Jeremiah his mother is not quite the cake design master. With the help of lots of frosting and a plent of Pocky sticks (Korean cholocate covered cookies) I was able to recreate the ship he saw online. The look on his face was priceless. Well as you will be able to tell from the pics provided he loves pirates and legos. I just cannot believe I am the parent of a 4 year old.

Here is a picture of the cake I made.


Jeremiah digging into his cake and ice cream. It may not have looked like the ace of cakes but at least it tasted good.

Did I mention that Jeremiah wanted to wear his knight costume for his birthday, and he as actually worn it to school a few times as well. Here he is, in his costume, working with Brian to build one of his new Legos.

Unwrapping presents and showing us his gifts from family. As you can see it was a pirate themed party. Luckily, Annalise seems to enjoy pirates as much as Jeremiah. If you ask her if she is a pirate, she says, "Pirate Princess."

As you will see in the following video, Jeremiah is a little camera shy, and tries to cover his face, he loves frosting and will make sure none goes to waste, and Annalise well she has to make sure we dont forget about her.

2 comments:

Jody said...

The cake looks great. He and Judson will get along so good. Judson loves his Legos. I can't wait for you guys to get here.

Heather N. said...

Wow 4 already. It doesn't seem possible... Happy Birthday J! Very Nice cake Catrina