Sunday, August 23, 2009

From one August to another

How much my littler girl has changed. Looking back she was definitely my plump blue eyed, light haired baby girl. She was such an easy sleeper and so easy going but now she is a full year older and I cannot believe how much has changed.
Last August she was experimenting with rice cereal and now she is a full fledged feed myself finger foods and starting to use a fork and spoon self sufficient eater. Her eyes are still blue but are tinged with green and have flecks of hazel. Her hair is still light and is starting to wave a little but for the life of me pins and bows only last max 30 minutes. Then my little girl pulls them out and says "mama hairpin" before she hands it back to me or throws it on the ground. She is starting to lose all the chubbiness, once she was off the charts way over the 100th percentile and now she is in the 60th. Oh how I miss those big leg rolls. She now weighs only 2 lbs more than she did at 6 months. I think both my children upon birth believe they need to stock up in case a famine hits. She is still the laid back easy going baby but she is also starting to exhibit a stubborn streak.
And her sweet soft baby girl voice is so precious. I know that there are times when I wish she didn't say "mama hold you" but oh how I am going to miss that when it ends. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps everyday. I once was worried that she did not talk as much as Jeremiah did and still doesnt say as much as he did at this age but I am no longer worried. She is starting to sing her ABC's and saying please and welcome more proof that she is leaving babyhood and entering full fledged toddlerdom.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big and is so cute!