Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Firestation Field Trip

Today we went with our playgroup to a local firestation and got to check out the firetrucks, have the firemen show us their gear and equipment. When I told Jeremiah we were going he asked me if the firemen would be scary? I don't know why he thought that, but I explained to him that they are nice and help people and that he might be able to go inside their truck. He still was not too sure, but then I said his friends would be there, and of course, he could not wait to go. Annalise is another story. She really does not care where we go as long as I bring snacks and I allow her to roam around. About 30 moms and kids from our group showed up. Jeremiah was really excited to see his buddies but became serious once the firemen started showing their equipment. Jeremiah is still the serious observer.
Jeremiah listening to the fireman explain the vice grips. I think that is what they were called.
Jeremiah checking out the fireman gloves. I was surprised that he stuck his hand in the glove.
Annalise was the least bit interested in the fire truck or equipment. She kept saying Moo Moo because of the cows in the adjacent field. She wanted to walk over there. Thankfully my friend who has a daughter the same age, and whose personality is pretty similar (aka leave me alone and let me do what I want) watched both of them run around while I kept an eye on J and her other son. Jeremiah and Ethan are like glue when they get together.
Jeremiah was really excited to get in the fire truck even if his expression doesnt show it. It could have been the sun or the 100 degree heat.
Annalise smiling at the firemen. Hmm..should Brian and I be worried, is she already flirting.
Jeremiah holding the fire hose and dousing some friends. At this point Jeremiah was still dry but oh how naive I am.
Starting to get a little wet from the mist, as you can tell from the picture, I was getting misted as well. Once Jeremiah was done hosing his friends down he joined in on the water fun. Ethan and him would run from one end of the field about 75 feet away and run towards the hose as did other kids while another friend got to work the fire hose. Needless to say, I was not prepared for a soaking wet 3 year old. Thankfully, a friend had extra towels and I had an extra pair of shorts.
Jeremiah and Annalise eating their post field trip snack. As you can see Jeremiah is shirtless. Thankfully, Annalise was content on not getting wet.
















1 comment:

Heather N. said...

Wow that sounds like a fun time! Is J still nervous of Firemen or are they cool now? it sounds like a great day. Your kids are growing like crazy. Shannon says you might be back next summer?! It would be nice to see you all again. I hope you are all doing well.